Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's Back

Her voice is here!  We had a trial last month meaning that we were given four weeks with this incredible, amazing device.  During that four weeks, our speech therapists called our trial "the most successful" she had ever seen.  My baby girl carried this voice everywhere on her own without prompting.  She used it to name fruits and vegetables in the produce aisle at the store, used it to tell me she didn't want to drink oj a million times a day as I made her try it when we had the voice and she did not like it, and so much more.  When the trial was over and I had to send her voice back, I packed it up, dropped it off at UPS, and cried the whole way home.  I knew Jilly would miss it.  I knew her ability to communicate most effectively would now be gone for 4-6 weeks, but God has been working full speed to reunite my darling girl with her voice.  Our insurance approved her purchase stat and it just so happened that a brand new voice was ordered weeks ago and was just finished being built  for a client who would have to cancel their order this very week when my Jilly's approval came from our benefits!  They were able to transfer her saved files to it right away and we do not have to wait for another to be manufactured for her!  Praising God today that her voice is back!  When I signed for it, I teared up again probably causing the UPS man to think I am a lunatic and maybe I am, but I am thrilled to have it back!  I called her in the living room to open the box.  I tried to video her face through my tears, but baby girl has the sliest smile while she looks down at the machine.  The first thing she said was "I don't want to drink orange juice" which just about caused me to split my pants I was laughing so hard.  She then started running back and forth down the hallway talking with this incredible device!  I am so thrilled for her and praising God for all He continues to make possible for her!

God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment